Using a handheld massager can have multiple benefits. It may ease the pain in your muscles, and it can help with your lower spine problems.
But are you aware that using a handheld percussion massager can make your skin look much better?
In the subsequent article, we provide the top 10 handheld massager reviews of 2020. These versions are the best in their price categories, plus they supply comfortable and enjoyable massages.
Notice: Click to see the most recent guide if you’re in search of massagers on your hands (hand massagers for arthritis).
In the next portion of the article, we explain how these units work and the advantages of using their respective capabilities. We hope this will help you make an educated decision when looking for the best handheld massager.
Playmakar Wireless Percussion Massager
Dowin Massage Gun for Athletes
RENPHO Rechargeable Handheld Massager
Pure-Wave CM5 Extreme Cordless Percussion Massager
VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager
Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heating
Best Handheld Massager Reviews (Updated List)
1. Playmaker Wireless Percussion Massager
When it comes to percussion massagers, they do not get much better than the PlayMakar massager. There’s barely a part of the body you will not have the ability to relieve thanks to these five attachments which this item comes with. They are as follows:
- Bullethead attachment
- Roundhead attachment
- Spade head attachment
- Flathead attachment
- Forkhead attachment
The kit also contains a wall charger and the massager itself.
Because of the ergonomic layout of the unit, you’ll be able to massage the hard to reach spots in your body. Muscle healing is where this item excels thanks to its 10-millimetre stroke length. You get to select between 6 rates for your maximum comfort.
The weight of this unit is just 2 pounds which categorizes this percussion massager as lightweight. On the downside, the Li-Ion battery will need some care so that its life may be prolonged.
- The unit comes with plenty of attachments
- This product works gently (40-50 dB)
- The strokes are deep — 10mm
- The group is wireless — you won’t get tangled up in cables
- Not the sturdiest unit
- The battery’s ability will diminish over time.
2. Dowin Massage Gun for Athletes
This handheld massager will satisfy all your requirements as it can relieve the pain in almost any part of the body. Just use one of the 6 massage minds this unit includes and enjoy quality pain relief. The motor of this unit is enormous — 55mm. The rates that you have at your disposal are 20.
The maximum strokes which you can get per minute are 3200. Along with the speed settings, you may even adjust the intensity of the massager. This way, the device will not shake excessively. It is demonstrated that the massager will alleviate leg acid. The decibels range isn’t given by the manufacturer, but we can safely say that it is acceptable.
As soon as you charge up the battery, you may use the item for about 4 to 6 hours. There’s also a lifetime warranty included. If you get carried away using the device, you may experience muscle strain. Furthermore, overcharging it can lead to the device, making some odd noises.
In general, an excellent product for the purchase price.
- Comes with an electronic screen on the rear so that you can set it up readily
- Flexible speeds — the intensity can also be set according to your preferences
- The engine is one of the largest in this product category
- Lifetime warranty.
- Shouldn’t be used frequently because it may lead to pain
- The battery does not last over 6 hours
3. RENPHO Rechargeable Handheld Massager
The Renpho massager will successfully reach your muscles in-depth, and it’ll provide you with a relaxing massage. The handheld design permits you to take it wherever you go. The most important characteristic of this unit is the 5 massaging minds may work on each part of your body.
This massager is durable enough for individual use. The motor supports around 3600 pulses. It includes a built-in battery that has a lifetime of 140 minutes before the necessity to be recharged. Be aware that it cannot be used while plugged for charging.
Every part of the product consists of durable ABS plastic. It can endure heavy-duty.
In general, this is a compact handheld massager, which will make you feel better and relaxed.
4. Pure-Wave CM5 Extreme Cordless Percussion Massager
The Pure Wave CM5 is among the best cordless handheld massagers on the market.
The CM5 includes a functional layout which will allow you to reach every part of your back. The device’s handle is comfortable to catch, and the massager isn’t too heavy to wield comfortably.
Among the advantages of working with this version is that it comes with a powerful motor. The engine will produce around 3,700 hours each minute, and so you will enjoy an extremely demanding massage if you want to.
Overall, this is one of the most excellent handheld massagers on the market.
5. VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager
What makes this hand massager so appealing is the fact that it works with dual head attachments rather than using the conventional single massaging node. It combines pressure and various moves to mimic an expert masseuse.
With a maximum power of 3,350 pulses per minute, this unit will enhance your blood flow, and it may help you recuperate following an injury. It reaches the tissue in depth. Give yourself a therapeutic experience with adjustable speed controller.
Keep in mind that the mind of this massager is quite bulky, making the whole unit a bit heavier than a standard hand massager. However, if you’re able to get used to it, then you will enjoy a pleasing feeling. The handle is comfortable and easy to grip.
Overall we think that the Viktor Jurgen Handheld Back Massager will satisfy your needs for a wholesome, painless lifestyle.
6. Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heating
The Naipo handheld massager is a great device that comes at a reasonable price. This version has a beautiful layout that will provide a good reach, and it comes with three interchangeable massage heads.
One of the advantages of utilizing this massager is that it comes with a heated massage feature. This attribute will spread warmth onto your back, and it’ll relax your muscles. Using this attribute regularly is a very effective way of getting rid of the tension and knots that build up in your muscles through the day.
Overall this is a beautiful handheld massager that’s capable of producing a deep tissue massage.
TheraRub Massager Percussion Electric Massager
TEC.BEAN Handheld Deep Percussion Massager with Heat
Hyperice Hypervolt Portable Massage Device
WAHL 4290-300 Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
Brookstone Max 2 Cordless Dual-Node Percussion Massager
7. TheraRub Massager Percussion Electric Massager
The TheraTub massager is specially designed to massage aching muscles. This unit includes three different sets of massage heads to provide an excellent massage experience.
Thanks to the interchangeable massage heads and the adjustable speed setting, this massager can create an enjoyable, if somewhat demanding, massage experience.
Among the benefits of using this model is that it comes with a lengthy power cord. The power cord is 14-foot long so that you will not have any issues transferring the massager from 1 part of your body to another.
The bottom line is, this is a fantastic handheld massager that may provide great massages.
8. TEC.BEAN Handheld Deep Percussion Massager with Heat
This handheld percussion massager is among the best units in its price class. This version includes 6 interchangeable massage heads so it can create a relieving massage for each and every part of your body.
A fantastic thing about this handheld massager is the fact that it comes with 2 massage nodes that can be used with massage oils and lotions. Using lotions and oils can stimulate your muscle relaxation and improve your wellness.
The massager also uses a heated massage feature. This attribute can work the knots in your muscles, and it creates a relaxing massage experience.
In general, this is an excellent massager that is worth its price.
9. Hyperice Hypervolt Portable Massage Device
The Hyperice Hypervolt Portable Massager is precisely what you want to cure your muscles of soreness and stiffness. Allow yourself to lie down and enjoy what this device has to offer you which is an excellent performance.
The item includes four interchangeable head attachments. Each of these brings to your tension relief otherwise. What we liked about this gadget is that it uses Unique Quiet Glide, which creates a noise-free ambience round you.
Recharge the battery once full three hours, and you’re prepared to use it again. The gadget is ergonomic and lightweight so you can easily slip it across your entire body. As a result of the option to modify the seriousness, you can pick from a softer or a rougher massage depending on the sensitivity of your limbs and spine.
10. WAHL 4290-300 Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
If you’re searching for a good handheld massager which arrives at a reasonable price, you ought to take a better look at the WAHL 4290-300. This model has a simple layout which makes it very simple to use, yet quite useful also.
The handheld massager comes with 4 massage nodes which have different designs. Each massage node is designed to make a unique kind of massage, so changing them during the massage therapy will offer plenty of benefits.
As a result of its well-thought layout, the device is easy to wield despite its somewhat broad look.
This is an excellent handheld massager, particularly if you take its price under consideration.
11. Brookstone Max 2 Cordless Dual-Node Percussion Massager
One of the benefits of using the Brookstone Max two is the fact that it comes with a beautiful aluminium body. The aluminium body not only makes the massager aesthetically pleasing, but it also makes it more lasting.
This cordless massager has a battery that can last for as much as three hours. The personalized massage apps and adjustable speed settings make Max 2 quite easy and comfortable to use.
Though it’s battery-operated, this handheld massager can produce a perfect deep-tissue massage.
This is currently among the finest handheld massagers which are available on the market.
A Complete Buying Guide To Get Handheld Massagers
Finding the best handheld massager may not be as simple as you would think. As you could see in our short reviews, each model includes a particular set of features. These features can either be great for you or not. Manufacturers know that not everybody is searching for the very same features, and they try to make the best possible combinations to have more clients.
In the subsequent section, we clarify how the different features of handheld massagers operate and how they can help you.
Each type of massage therapy has different advantages. Though handheld massagers do not offer you the number of massage techniques you would get from bigger massagers, like massage cushions, seat pads, or massage seats, they can still offer a good massage. Following is a list of massage techniques you’re likely to experience when buying a handheld unit.
- Kneading — When a professional masseur performs it, the kneading massage therapy involves the compression of your cells contrary to the underlying bone structures or against one another. The handheld massager will create this massage using the massage head attachments. These attachments will push your muscles from the own bone structure, and the further you push your massager from the skin, the more extreme you may feel the massage.
- Tapping — When a professional masseur performs it, the tapping massage therapy involves pounding and striking actions that the masseur applies together with his fists. The handheld massager manages to simulate this movement employing the massage heads. The attachments will strike your body repeatedly, stimulating your blood flow and increasing your muscle’s elasticity and the local temperature.
- Percussion — Whether a professional masseur performs it, the percussion massage entails rapid movements from the wrists that hit the entire body alternately with every hand. The handheld massager simulates these movements by performing sequences of brief movements that struck your muscles. The sequences can alter or not, based upon the model.Percussion massage stimulates the skin and the muscular reflexes. This massage enhances the local blood flow, and it relaxes your muscles. Percussion is probably the best massage technique you’ll be able to see in handheld versions.
Utilizing heat treatment is probably one of the best ways to unwind after a long day at work. Heat therapy promotes comfort and comfort, and it could also take the edge off a few pains and aches.
One of the benefits of using heat treatment is that it may be an effective remedy for stiffness and cramping. Heat treatment may also be used with good results for other ailments, such as
- Exertion Soreness — Even if you are utilized to frequently exercising, trying to find new kind of training may result in exertion soreness. Heat therapy is just one of the most effective ways to get rid of exertion soreness. Thanks to the warmth, your muscles will relax along with the lactic acid level will be lowered, allowing you to perform better in your second day of skiing.
- Muscle Knots — Muscle Infection can often produce dull and continuous pain. The knots in your muscles can at times be so uncomfortable they determine you to modify your posture, which then can lead to additional muscle knots or cramping. When you use heat therapy on a muscle knot, the results won’t neglect to appear. You may not notice anything at first, but when your muscle warms up correctly, it is going to begin to unwind. As the muscle relaxes, the knot will evaporate, and you will feel like a different person.
- Painful Muscles — Occasionally, your muscles can be so sore you can’t even tell which muscles hurt and which don’t. This occurs typically when you are sleep deprived or any time you have vitamin D deficiency.
Most of the time, these muscle pains are made by the tension accumulated in your muscles. The heat therapy can make your muscles relax and relieve the tension.Handheld massagers are an ideal selection for this particular scenario because they can be moved from one part of the body to another fast, and they’re comfortable to use even when you’re feeling sick.
- Lower Back Pain — Most people experience lower back pain at least once in their lives. But some people experience it more often than others, and in a more significant way.
Whether you spend a good deal of time you devote a great deal of time standing, then you’re more likely to suffer from lower back pain. The problem with lower back pain is that it is very tough to get rid of. Well, thankfully, heat treatment may be a fantastic solution to this problem.
Heat therapy improves the local blood flow, which allows more blood to get to the muscles surrounding your spine. Your muscles gain from becoming more nutrients and more oxygen so that they start to heal. As a result of its relaxing effect, heat therapy will also relieve your muscles of anxiety. Without being stressed, your muscles are going to feel better, and they will recover some of their previous flexibility.
- A handheld massager which has an adjustable speed setting is much more versatile than one which does not. Changing the rate will allow you to customize your massage placing and experience.
- If you’re in the mood for a relaxing massage, you may set the massager in its lowest rate and get you. If you are in a mood for a massage that is rougher, it is possible just to set the massager at a higher rate. This can be a precious attribute in the long term.
The number of attachment heads the handheld massager can ascertain how you can use the unit. Most manufacturers provide more attachment heads or nods with their products, and every nod generates different massage treatment. Employing a massager that comes with multiple attachment heads and an adjustable-rate setting will allow you to customize your massage sessions and tailor them for your needs. Listed below are the main types of attachment heads you’re likely to find when buying a handheld massager.
- Kneading Massage Head — The kneading massage head is specially designed to provide a deep-tissue massage. Even though different makers present this massage mind under distinct names to prevent copyright infringements, they all work similarly. This massage head is usually somewhat narrow, or it has a narrow point. The massage mind’s design lets it slip onto the surface of the muscles and shove against the points with low resistance. This can make them achieve deeper and create a more thorough massage experience.
- Broad Massage Head — The broad massage head is designed to produce a soothing massage. As you can probably imagine, this massage mind is not appropriate to deep tissue massages. It’s a smooth surface which will generate a cosy touch, and each massage session you get will be relaxing. This attachment head usually has multiple small bits coming from it, and it will excite the regional blood flow. This massage head is perfect for your day-to-day massage sessions. Though the massage attachment won’t provide a deep-tissue massage, it will nonetheless offer a massage potent enough to stimulate your muscles and relax them subsequently.
- Scraper Head — The scraper massage head is designed to make your skin look better. This massage mind will gently remove the dead skin cells in the human body so that the skin will look much healthier. This massage mind is also very effective at stimulating the blood flow under your skin. Thanks to the rise in blood flow, the skin will get more nutrients, and it will look far better. While this attachment head isn’t quite as effective as scalp massagers which are specially designed for this task, it will still manage to execute a relaxing and comfortable massage.
If you’re willing to utilize the handheld massager, always make sure you read the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations ahead. Some attachment heads should not be used under specific conditions.
- High Portability — Cordless units are the most portable handheld massagers. These units may be used anywhere if they are charged. You can use them in your home, you may use them while you’re lounging on your backyard, and you can use them while you’re at work.
- Moderate Portability — Some handheld massagers arrive with long power cords. Some versions come with power cords that are 14 feet. These cords are long enough to permit you to manoeuvre around the power outlet they utilize so that they provide relatively high portability.
- Low Portability — Handheld massagers that come with short power cords offer you low portability. Some models have power cords that are just 3 — 4 ft. This is a drawback, as you will have to stay near a power socket or an extension cable every time you wish to use the massager.
As you could see in our short reviews, using handheld massagers offers different advantages. One of these is you could make use of these massagers on most of your physique. However, a massager’s versatility is influenced by several capabilities.
One of the first things you need to take into account when you’re looking for a handheld massager is the design. Not all manufacturers use the identical layout, and a few are better than others.
- Elongated massagers are usually very good at reaching difficult spots. They tend to have a slimmer body that will allow you to catch the handle with ease, and they are usually easy to wield. These models usually use just one massage mind, so you’ll need to take your time if you would like to massage a more significant part of the body.
- Short massagers usually are quite simple to wield. They have got a comfortable handle that’s easy to hold, and they’re able to reach the majority of your back with no issues. We have reviewed other types of electric back massagers here! But you might find it difficult to reach specific spots in your body when you utilize these versions, especially if your hands are not very long.
- Broad massagers are incredibly useful. Rather than using one or two massage nodes, these versions use a single broad one. The deep massage attachment generally contains several smaller components that operate in unison to produce a comfortable massage. These components are extremely capable of covering large surfaces in rapid succession, and they’ll massage your entire body in no time at all.
Since you could probably detect until today, a few handheld massagers use one massage head while others use two. Both have advantages over the other; however, let us see what they’re. Single head massagers usually have a better reach. They’re more effective at massaging just the right spot so that they can be precious for men and women that suffer from muscle shortness and knots.
Some versions utilize full attachment heads so that they will massage a large surface in a short while, but most of them use narrow attachment heads. The narrow attachment heads will make slow progress on a large surface, so they might not be the best selection for impatient men and women. Double head massagers typically have a shorter but broader reach.
They are more effective at massaging a larger surface. They may be perfect for men and women who suffer from muscle pains since they can operate a set of muscles in two unique angles at precisely the same time. Since these models are better at covering large surfaces, they might be a better option for men and women that have very little patience.
The weight of this handheld massager plays a vital part in its versatility. You may purchase a top-of-the-line product, but when it is too heavy for you to hold comfortably, you won’t have the ability to use it to its entire potential. You should know that handheld massagers are uniquely designed to be somewhat more substantial than you would expect because of these reasons. The weight makes the massager more stable when the engine is functioning at a higher speed.
In the event the device would have a strong motor and a low weight, then it might shake and rattle if you’d use it. The extra weight provides you with the option to modify the degree of massage treatment. Sure, you can change the motor’s speed, and that will also change the intensity. But when you push the massager, it’s ready to penetrate more into your body and supply a deep-tissue massage.
If the massager were very light, it wouldn’t feel comfortable when you would push it against your muscles. But you should always make sure you’ll be able to use the massager comfortably before buying a model. You can test it by filling a bottle of water and attempting to bring it on your back. In the event, the water bottle feels overly burdensome, take into consideration how a functioning massager would feel. Not too comfy, most likely.
Power Cord Length
The electricity cable’s length also plays a part in the unit’s versatility. As you can imagine, a unit using a shorter power cord won’t be as flexible. Here’s why.
Not only will a short power cord make you use an extension cord or stay near a power socket if you use the massager, but it may also interfere if you would like to alter the massager’s place. If you want to alter the power cord from 1 place to another, the power cord can occasionally get in the way. This may be frustrating; therefore, it would be better when the power cord was more.
Cordless units don’t have these issues unless their batteries have been depleted. When they’re working on batteries, these components are very versatile. When they’re connected to their chargers, they have a restricted versatility because the chargers usually have a brief power cord.
Not all of the massage attachments are intended to work on each part of the body. Some of them are slightly uncomfortable when you try to utilize them on sensitive spots.
Having a version that accompanies many attachment minds is an advantage because it provides more odds of finding a good attachment head for every part of your body sensitive or not.
The Healing Benefits Of Hand Held Massagers
Using handheld massagers can offer multiple health advantages.
- Has A Relaxing Effect — Using handheld massagers may have a relaxing effect, rather than just on your muscles. Using a massager may decrease your stress levels and unwind your brain as well.
- Good For Muscle Pain — Handheld massagers are very effective at treating muscle pain. They improve your regional flow and produce your muscles relax so that they will alleviate the pain.
- Help With Lower Back Pain — With a handheld, the massager can help with your lower back pain. These massagers stimulate the local blood circulation, so the muscles around your spine will receive additional oxygen and nutrients. This will boost their capacity to mend themselves, and it will also raise their flexibility and elasticity, making you feel better. If you still have doubts, why don’t you check our list of those goods for relieving back pain?
- Can Improve Your Sleep — Due to their calming effect, handheld massagers can make you sleep better. Your stress levels are significantly lowered after a 10 — 20 minutes massage session, and so you will sleep more comfortably
- Good For Exertion Soreness — Exertion soreness can appear when you start exercising, or you change your training regimen. This type of muscle strain may also look at particular times during the year when you pick up surfing or skiing, for example. By stimulating your muscles, the handheld massagers can help you cope with effort soreness, mainly if they use heated treatment. This can treat your sore muscles, and it can also help with your painful joints.
- Make Your Skin Look Better — By stimulating the blood circulation below the skin, the handheld massagers can make your skin look better. This aspect may also be enhanced by a few versions which include attachment heads which work as skin scrapers.
Best Handheld Massagers Comparison Chart
|Pure-Wave CM5 Extreme Cordless Percussion Massager||$$$||14.75 x 2.75 x 4 inches||3700 RPM||3||1.65 lbs|
|Brookstone Max 2 Cordless Dual-Node Percussion Massager||$$$$||13 x 6 x 6.5 inches||2550 RPM||1||3.8 lbs|
|NURSAL Handheld Deep Percussion Massager||$$||3.9 x 1.3 x 3.4 inches||3600 RPM||6||2.4 lbs|
|WAHL 4290-300 Deep Tissue Percussion Massager||$$||16 x 6.5 x 10.9 inches||3550 RPM||4||3 lbs|
|Ohuhu Percussion Electric Massager||$||15.5 x 5.5 x 7.1 inches||2800 PPM||3 sets||2.4 lbs|
|Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heating||$$||17.5 x 3.7 x 3.7 inches||2800 PPM||3||2.6 lbs|
|Gideon Handheld Vibrating Percussion Massager||$$||N / A||3500 PPM||3||2.4 lbs|
|TheraRub Massager Percussion Electric Massager||$$||14 x 7 x 4 inches||3260 PPM||3 sets||2.6 lbs|
We expect our thorough buying guide helped you find the best handheld massager for your requirements. As you can see, every producer tries to integrate as many features as possible in a single unit, but you may not need all of them.
We’re confident that after reading our handheld massager reviews, you can tell which model is better suited to your particular needs. Some people could delight in a version that offers a more demanding massage. However, some might find one which comes with a heated massage attribute.
Keep in mind that you should look for the features you would like to use. There’s no sense in purchasing the most effective handheld massager if you are only going to use it for comfort functions.